Weekly Betting Recap – Wilder v Fury & XFL Week 3 @Pointsbet
- Betting Recap – Wilder v Fury II
- Betting Recap – XFL Week 3
- New XFL Market – XFL MVP (first book to offer)
Wilder v Fury II Recap:
- The early part of last week saw a good deal of public action on Wilder, both on the fight result and KO markets. Then on Friday night some Fury money began to enter the market, resulting in a brief tightening of the Wilder price down to as low as -110. But once Saturday hit it was a steady wave of Wilder money, which caused his price to swell to a close of -145. Overall the result was great for the sportsbook, as about 70% of the money was on Wilder, with total fight handle nearly 3x that of any other event over the weekend.
XFL Week 3 Recap:
- Overall, another busy week for the sportsbooks for Week 3 of the XFL. In total however, turnover did decline just a bit (nearly 30% less turnover in Week 3 compared to Week 1).
- The LA Wildcats dominant 39-9 upset victory over the DC Defenders was bad for punters and toppled a lot of peoples XFL Parlays. That win was a bad bad way to close out the weekend, as it also helped end a huge amount of DC Defenders + St. Louis BattleHawks money line parlays people backed.
- Speaking of the Battle Hawks, this result didn’t help us either!! Despite the game marking the triumphant return of professional football to the city of St. Louis for the first time since December 2015, come kickoff time our local New Jersey bias had customers backing their hometown Guardians.
- The Houston Roughnecks 34-27 win over the Tampa Bay Vipers was by far the best result of the XFL weekend for sports bettors. Folks really liked what they saw from PJ Walker, June Jones & Co. in Week 1 and Week 2, which led to a pretty lopsided handle in Houston’s favor. In essence, this one turned out to give some money back to bettors following a difficult Parlay weekend!!
Highest Total Turnover – XFL Week 3:
- Houston Roughnecks @ Tampa Bay Vipers
- DC Defenders @ Los Angeles Wildcats
- New York Guardians @ St. Louis BattleHawks
- Dallas Renegades @ Seattle Dragons
XFL Futures From @POINTBET USA
- Link to XFL Week 4: XFL Week 4 Games