Legal Sports Betting New Jersey
Guide To The Best Legal Online Sportsbooks In New Jersey
Legal sports betting in NJ is live and kicking!
If you’re 21 or older and find yourself in the Garden State, then legal sports betting is just a click away!
On this page, you’ll learn…
- Which sports you can legally bet on
- What is and isn’t permitted
- Our top tips for keeping yourself and your money safe
- The history of legal sports betting in NJ
- How we pick the top legit sportsbooks, and more!
For general information on how to register for an account, make deposits and withdrawals, and what types of wagers you can place, head on over to the main sports betting in New Jersey page.
Or, to find out which sites offer the most generous welcome bonuses, free bets, and finest overall playing experience, don’t miss our Best Sports Betting in New Jersey page!
Top legal online sports betting sites in NJ
Up To $1,250 On Caesars
Promo code: WINAMERICAFULL
Bet $1 & Get $200 in Bonus Bets
No Code Needed
Get up to $1,000 Paid Back in Bonus Bets
No Code Needed
Get a Play-Through Bonus up to $1,000
No Code Needed
2nd Chance Bet Up To A $500 Bonus Bet
Promo code: SPORTS
Bet up to $25 get $100 matched
No Code Needed
Bet $100 & Get $50 Bet Credit + $50 Casino Bonus
No Code Needed
The history of legal online sports betting in New Jersey
We owe the vibrant legal sports betting environment we enjoy in New Jersey today to a humble little assembly bill called 4111.
On the 11th of June, 2018, Governor Phil Murphy signed this bill, making sports betting at racetracks and casinos within the state of New Jersey legal. Not only that, this bill also allowed for those same establishments to apply to become recognised online and mobile sports betting providers after just 30 days – effectively fast-tracking a move which took other states months or even years to implement.
Thanks to this forward-looking approach, New Jersey residents have been enjoying fully legitimate and legal online sports betting since August of 2018.
For this reason, legal sports betting in New Jersey is one of the most well-established and best-regulated regions in the USA. That’s why you find such an impressive range of licensed legal online sports betting platforms in NJ today.
How Betting America selects the top legit sportsbooks in NJ
Besides staying on the right side of the law, we at Betting America know that legal online sports betting comes with some additional advantages. Because they are better overseen and regulated, and have to jump through a number of hoops to keep their licenses, legit sportsbooks are also much safer for players.
In addition, because they’re competing with a number of other well-known sports betting platforms, it’s in their best interests to work towards continuously offering a faster, simpler, more convenient, and altogether better player experience!
Over and above all that, we also require all the New Jersey legal sports betting sites we feature here to:
- Make it simple for players to get in touch if they need help
- Have easy to understand terms and conditions and transparent wagering requirements
- Be backed by solid reviews from verified players
- Use the best available software and privacy protections
Top tips for keeping yourself safe when betting online in NJ
First and foremost, check before you click! Unless a link is on a reputable and trusted site (like ours!) don’t risk losing your money to an illegitimate site. It’s not as easy to spot fake phishing sites as it used to be.
Rather, stick with the legal online sports betting sites we recommend here, which are all tried and tested, and answerable to the New Jersey Casino Control Commission and New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
And please remember, if the fun is getting out of hand and you’re concerned that you or someone you care about could be getting in over their heads, free help is available.
Below, you’ll find answers to the most commonly asked questions we receive about legal sports betting in NJ.
WHAT DO I NEED TO SET UP A LEGAL NJ ONLINE SPORTS BETTING ACCOUNT?
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Social Security Number (last 4 digits)
- ID may be required to verify your account
HOW TO SIGN UP TO A LEGAL SPORTS BETTING APP IN NJ
– iPhone:Choose a sportsbook and follow the links to their website. You will be directed to the App Store download page. When you have installed the app on your iPhone or iPad simply follow the registration instructions provided.
– Android:Real money gaming apps are now also available for Android users in the Google Play Store. Follow the links to your chosen sportsbook’s website and you will be directed to the Play Store. Download and install the app and follow the instructions to complete your registration.
WHO REGULATES ONLINE SPORTS BETTING IN NJ?
IS NEW JERSEY ONLINE SPORTS BETTING SAFE?
CAN I LEGALLY BET ON COLLEGE SPORTS IN NEW JERSEY?
HOW OLD DO I NEED TO BE TO BET LEGALLY IN NEW JERSEY?
WHERE CAN I BET ONLINE LEGALLY IN NEW JERSEY?
- Online Sportsbook – Land-Based Partner Casino
- DraftKings Sportsbook – Resorts AC
- FoxBet Sportsbook – Resorts AC
- FanDuel Sportsbook – Meadowlands
- Caesars Sportsbook – Monmouth Park
- PointsBet Sportsbook – Meadowlands
- Caesars Sportsbook – Caesars AC
- SugarHouse Sportsbook – Monmouth Park
- Resorts Sportsbook – Resorts AC
- 888 Sportsbook – Caesars AC
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook – Golden Nugget AC
- BetMGM Sportsbook – Borgata AC
- Hard Rock Atlantic City – Hard Rock AC
- BetAmerica Sportsbook – Golden Nugget AC
- Borgata Sports – Borgata AC
- Bet365 Sportsbook – Hard Rock AC
- TheScore Sportsbook – Monmouth Park
- Unibet Sportsbook – Hard Rock AC
- Wynn Sports – Caesars AC
- Tipico Sportsbook – Ocean Casino AC
CAN I PLACE A BET WHILE OUTSIDE NEW JERSEY?
WHAT SPORTS CAN I LEGALLY BET ON IN NEW JERSEY?
- NCAA Football
- NCAA Basketball
- Nascar/Auto Racing
- Australian Rules
- Table Tennis
IS ONLINE SPORTS BETTING LEGAL IN NEW JERSEY?
For details on how to open an account, place your first bet, and withdraw your winnings, see our main sports betting in New Jersey page.
Or for the inside scoop on where to find the juiciest welcome bonuses and biggest rewards, don’t miss our Best Sports betting in New Jersey page!
What’s The Biggest Stadium In The NFL?
NFL stadium capacity varies widely across the 30 venues currently in use around the league. With a difference of moreRead More
NBA Finals 2023 Betting: Odds Picks & Predictions
Game 1 of the 2023 NBA Finals will tip off from Ball Arena on Thursday, June 1 in Denver, Colorado.Read More
NBA Finals MVP Betting Odds: Jokic Favorite
According to the latest 2023 NBA Finals MVP odds, Denver Nuggets center Nikola Jokic (-400) is the top betting favoriteRead More
NY Sports Betting: Jets Fans Delight With Rodgers Trade
With the blockbuster trade of Aaron Rodgers to the New York Jets, it didn’t take long for jersey sales toRead More
What Are The Odds LeBron James Is About To Retire?
As LeBron James faces the final crossroads of his illustrious NBA career, speculation about his possible retirement is mounting. TheRead More
Super Bowl Futures Betting: Can Kansas City Repeat?
You shouldn’t have any trouble finding the Kansas City Chiefs on your TV this season. Andy Reid and Patrick MahomesRead More